The Jewel Box opened in 1940 by its founder Arthur Land. Later the name was changed to Land's Jewel Box. It operated under Mr. Land's ownership until his death around 1960. In 1963 the Land family sold the business to Crown Jewelers and since then has been run as a sister store. Specialtys include jewelry repair, ring sizing, watch batteries, engraving, watches, diamonds, and general jewelry fixes. The store atmosphere has a small town jeweler feeling and carries a commitment to customer service.